Scholarships – Kids to Camp Fund
To succeed in school and life, children and young adults need ongoing opportunities to learn and practice essential skills. This is especially true during the summer months. The Kids to Camp Fund was launched in January 2010 to sponsor students who otherwise would never have the opportunity to experience our innovative programs.
Did You Know?
- All young people experience learning losses when they do not engage in educational activities during the summer. Research spanning 100 years shows that students typically score lower on standardized tests at the end of summer vacation than they do on the same tests at the beginning of the summer.
- Most students lose about two months of grade level equivalency in mathematical computation skills over the summer months. Low-income students lose more than two months in reading achievement.
- More than half of the achievement gap between lower and higher income youth can be explained by unequal access to summer learning opportunities. As a result, low-income youth are less likely to graduate from high school or enter college.
- Parents consistently cite summer as the most difficult time to ensure that their children have productive things to do.
- (Source: National Summer Learning Association)
The Kids to Camp Fund is what we’re doing to stand side-by-side with the community to support our kids and to encourage them to become life-long learners.
You can also donate by sending a check written to Team Science at:
- Team Science
Attn: Kids to Camp Fund
PO Box 1786
Whittier, CA 90609